Saturday, August 31, 2013

8/31/13: Reflecting on Summer and Looking Ahead

After I took this picture yesterday at Wallis Sands Beach in Rye, NH I was inspired to write a post reflecting back on our summer.  Summer is such a wonderful time!  Especially for those of us that live in the Northeast with crazy weather in the winter it is nice to have sun and warm weather.  It is wonderful to be outside and enjoy.
Summer is all about relaxing a bit, no homework, no activities and for me a bucket list of activities.  There are so many fun attractions in our area that I like to visit.  Every summer involves a list of places to go and at least one day of each weekend we are off to an adventure.  
Places we visited this year included Story Land, The Conway Scenic Railroad Crawford Notch Tour, Santa's VillageWater Country, Canobie Lake Park, Roger Williams Park Zoo, the Franklin Park Zoo, Mystic Aquarium, McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center, The Old MillParlee Farms, hitting the beach, going mini-golfing, and going to Kimball Farms in Westford.  
Here you can see Evan on the Bumper Boats.
Mini Golf at Kimball Farm.
It is all about spending time with the family in a more relaxed schedule which I love.
Then the end of August rolls around (at least here in NE) and it is time for summer to end.  My end was official when I had to put together 650 folders with documents for the first day of school.  Being the President of the PTO brings a lot of work to the beginning of the year.  Speaking at Back to School Nights, getting new members, PTO Meetings, and marching in the town's parade.
My officers and I got together to get all of these folders ready and then deliver them to all the classrooms.
Even though I am not going back to school, I will mourn summer vacation.  I will miss letting the kids stay up late, have sleepovers, sleep late, and not having to rush to activities.
Happy Back to School Time to Everyone, and RIP to Summer Vacation!

No comments: