Friday, March 29, 2013

3/29/13: First Ear Piercing

I have had mixed emotions for a while about Lauren having her ears pierced.  When I was a kid my Mom made me wait till I was older to have mine done.  In fact I think I was about 12 years old.  My Mom didn't even have her ears pierced, I ended up taking her when I was in high school to have hers done.  I have been noticing more and more young kids having their ears pierced.  I still don't agree with having babies ears pierced but I understand some cultures do that.  I feel that kids should be able to make their own decision that they want to have it done.  It was a little traumatic for me as I am still not sure if she is too young.  Comment on this blog post with your thoughts.
Lauren will be turning 6 in 15 days and today at the mall when we went to see the Easter Bunny without any questions she said she wanted to get her ears pierced.
I wasn't sure what to do at first but then we went in to the store and she was more sure that she wanted it done.  She even watched a 4 year old have her ears pierced and she saw her reaction and thought it didn't look too painful.
Luckily at Claire's where we went they have two people pierce the kid's ears at the same time so they only feel the pain once and don't chicken out for the 2nd ear.  The girls were awesome that did it and were so quick.  They explained that they put the hole a little high as little kids ears grow it comes down.  Lauren did awesome, a few small tears but then she was fine.  She is excited to show off her new pink earrings.
Here she is having it done, what a brave little girl and this is an early birthday present for her.

No comments: