Sunday, February 17, 2013

2/17/13: Monster Jam Pit Party and Show at the DCU Center

Yesterday we went to Monster Jam for the first time ever.  We also went to the Pit Party which is well worth it to get up close with the trucks and also get autographs from all the drivers.  Here are the kids with Grave Digger and Carl VanHorn.
This is a bus the kids don't mind seeing on school vacation.  This was my personal favorite.  I just thought it looked so cool.  If you are going to the Pit Party I suggest bringing something for autographs.  We bought a program there for $10.  Some kids had posters with them or had the guys sign their shirts.
 This was the first time Scooby-Doo was there at the show.  You will be walking around in a lot of dirt so I suggest wearing shoes that you don't mind getting a bit dirty.
Plus Scooby-Doo has a woman driver.  Love it, and Lauren loved it too!
The Pit Party was only $10 per person and was the highlight for my kids.  Be aware that the Pit Party for our show went from 10:30 to 12:45.  When we got there at a little past ten there was a long line already to get in.  They opened the doors right at 10:30 and the line was all the way around the DCU Center.  
At the end you needed to leave and come back in with your tickets.  Doors opened at 1.  We ended up going next door to Pizzeria Uno and got something to eat.
Here is a slide show of photos from the Pit Party.  We got to see Grave Digger, Scooby-Doo, Blue Thunder, Iron Man, Higher Education, Thrasher, and Hurricane Force.

The show was super cool too.  I had never seen Monster Trucks in action so this was a huge treat for me.  I really enjoyed it more than I expected to.  People also warned me to bring ear protection.  My kids were fine with some ear plugs.  They do sell headphones but I suggest buying your own before the show as they were $20.
They started out with races between two trucks each.
Iron Man ended up being the winner. 
 Then they got to do some freestyle.  This was so cool to watch.  The winner ended up being Grave Digger who went backwards and jumped over cars.
Higher Education crushing some cars as it jumps. 
Scooby-Doo flying through the air. 
There was also an ATV Race.
Plus the family that was on America's Got Talent did some stunts on their motor cycles.
Here are some pictures from the show:

I would highly recommend taking the family.
Like Monster Jam on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mjonline
Follow them on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/monsterjam
Disclosure:  I received tickets for my family to attend Monster Jam and attend the Party in the Pits.  No other compensation was received and all opinions are my own.

No comments: