Monday, October 1, 2012

10/1/12: Time to Play Holiday Showcase

I was invited to a showcase by Time to Play Mag of the Most Wanted Toys for this holiday season in New York and jumped at the chance to provide my readers with a sneak peek at what is hot.  I was lucky enough to meet their Content Director Christopher Byrne (aka The Toy Guy) at a lunch at Legal Seafood in Boston and was able to talk to him about the hottest toy trends.  Knowing what I learned from him that day made me want to attend this event and drive all the way from Boston even more.
 The event started with the whole list Most Wanted Holiday Toys.  Here they all are.  I am going to highlight some in this post, but will be doing further reviews in follow on posts while I am gathering up my Holiday Gift Guide. 
 Here is the staff from Time to Play Mag.  On the two ends of the line are Toy industry experts and founders of http://www.timetoplaymag.com/, Jim Silver (left side) and Chris “The Toy Guy” Byrne (right side).  
Here are some hot items I especially liked:
The Leapster GS and Explorer and the LeapPad2 Explorer.
Disney's Doc McStuffins Time For Your Checkup Doll
Lego Friends (we have a lot of these sets in our house)
Winx Club Dolls
 Monster High Dolls and Barbie Photo Fashion Doll
Appfinity AppDrive
MEGA Bloks Skylanders Giants
And last but not least good old Furby!
 As I said earlier, I will provide more in-depth reviews but I wanted to give everyone a jump on the holiday season to get the hottest toys now before they are gone!  As Chris The Toy Guy said, a hot toy is only hot if it is hot to your child. 
Find Time to Play Mag here: 
Twitter: @TimetoPlay
Disclosure:  I did not receive any compensation for this post.  I was given several toys from each of the vendors represented at the Time To Play Holiday Showcase.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

You drove from Boston in that horrible weather? Well, it was worth it. It was such a fun day!

Unknown said...

Cool! I bet this was so much fun! There are so many new, cute toys out fir this season!

Sonia said...

My oldest daughter loves Doc McStuffins! I'll have to add that doll to Santa's list :)