Friday, February 17, 2012

2/17/12: Disney on Ice Dare to Dream during February Vacation

 We love Disney on Ice, I even went with my husband to the show once before we had kids as I had such fond memories of going when I was a child.  It is always so nice to bring some Disney Magic to Boston in the winter months.  
Dare to Dream is at the TD Garden in Boston during School Vacation week from February 17th to the 26th.  There is still time for you to get tickets on Ticketmaster.  We were lucky enough to go on opening night.  Lauren was so excited to go to the show and couldn't wait to wear her Rapunzel dress as she knew she was featured in the show.  You can read more about the show in my earlier post
 A tip that I can share is to go to the Dollar Store before heading over to the show.  Typically the tickets are pretty affordable however light up wands can go for $20 along with Cotton Candy for $12.  I instead went to the Dollar Store and got the kids both light sticks and Cotton Candy and only paid $1 each.  The kids were happy and weren't upset about not getting something at the show.
The show started with Princess Tiana from the Princess and the Frog. 
 Very cool seeing all the characters and Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen as frogs.
 And they live happily ever after.
 Loved the Cinderella section.  I love Gus the mouse, he is so adorable.  So I was very excited to see Gus Gus.
 Cinderella in her carriage.
 Then of course the star of the show, Rapunzel otherwise known as Tangled.  My kids loved this movie so they were looking forward to this part.
 Flynn and Rapunzel flying through the air.
 I love that Maximus was in it.  That must have been tough skating for a horse. 
 The most beautiful part with the lanterns.
 My Prince Mickey Mouse!  I love his very handsome outfit.  Note that this show is definitely geared towards the girls but the frogs and other characters appealed to my son too.
 All the Princesses in their Castle.  Such a beautiful show.
Disclosure: I received a family four pack of tickets for the show to promote it. All opinions are my own and no other compensation was received.

No comments: